Friday, July 29, 2011

Fade to Black

Summer school did not go as planned, but that is alright and a part of this path. We were doing pretty well until I got very sick and you know... when mama gets sick, not much gets done. (at least that's how it is for me as a single parent) So we kinda faded out to our end of summer break.

It turns out I did not really like the Summer Skills books that I picked as bridge books for the summer. They did not flow very well and jumped from review stuff to not yet learned stuff and then back to review. I usually use Summer Bridge books but wanted to try something new this year. Next summer I guess we will go back to what we know.

Dates are set for school:

Orientation - August 8th

Early Start for 4th grade -  August 15th.  (He needs the extra time as he struggles to keep up during the year)

First Day - September 7th

3 comments:

Christie M said...

We start on August 8th. I had all these grandious plans of doing vocabulary all summer. NOT.... DIDN'T happen... Oh well. :)
We are going to do Wordly Wise during the school year.
Oh my, I have a lot to do in the next week!

Annie said...

Anastasia is going to homeschool this year. I think I'm going to use the on-line K-12 curriculum. She tells me, and I am sure she is right, that she "cannot manage" social life and schoolwork. She is such a smart little thing that I don't want her academic success compromised by nonsense. I don't plan on having her start until September, though. I LOVE "Wordly Wise"!

Fatcat said...

I'm sorry you got sick!

Hope you feel better.