Monday, August 2, 2010

First Day

Our first day turned out to be a day of travel. Google maps have never been my friend and for this trip there was again no love lost between us. As it turns out, the 4 ½ hour trip to Oxford, Ohio became a 7 hour trip as one of the main highways was closed and the detour was a back way 2 lane highway. We also experience some torrential rains that made 30 foot Big Bertha sway something fierce on that little 2 lane highway. So we took it slow and got in much later than planned. The next day was a set up and relaxing day.



Poppy and James setting up the screen house. Jackson cannot wait until he can use the ax someday.



My sweet foster daughter found herself a relaxing spot and there she stayed!


Jordan and Poppy putting the new gas grill together.


Look at those lips of concentration. LOL!



4 comments:

Annie said...

Lucky you! It looks like a wonderful trip! Sometimes those delays aren't so bad...you see more on a two-lane road.

MOM #1 said...

I'm glad that rain and two-lane highway didn't get the best of you.

Looks like y'all are having a great time.

LOVE the portable sun room. I'm going to have to get one of those for my back yard. Shoot! Front yard too, LOL.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a wonderful trip! Uh, forgive me but I still have your TT Math here. Busy but I've slowed down for a minute to prepare for school. I also accidentally deleted your mail when cleaning my box of some spam. Please forgive me and resend it so I can mail it to you this week. I wanted you to have it in time for school. I'm so sorry.

The Accidental Mommy said...

That travel sounds scary but everyone looks so relaxed and chill in the pics, looks so nice!