We had a pretty good week. This was the last week of our first semester so we did some make-up work and just a little testing.
- can read and write color words
- knows 24 high frequency or sight words
- can spell first and last name
- still working of recognizing lower case letters
- completed unit 4 of Lifepacs
- learned to count quarters and dollars
- can add and subtract 3 digit numbers
- still working on capitalizing
- did 2 lapbooks this week: one on cats, the other on The Ten Commandments
- completed a huge project on the countries, mountains, and major rivers of North America
- moved to the section of Home Economics that teaches house cleaning (not thrilled LOL)
- still working on changing decimals to fractions
We really like to travel so it always seems like we are planning our next family vacation. For spring break this year we are planning a trip to either London, Ontario or to Niagara Falls. While I am not sure about driving what would be 10 -12 hours to Buffalo, NY, we are leaning towards Niagara Falls.
We have Monday off from school. Have a great weekend everyone.