Monday, January 18, 2010

Google Earth

I have always liked to "travel" using Google maps. Last week, Corey (A very inspiring woman with a HUGE heart) over at Watching The Waters ran a marathon at Disney and I was on the site to see the route of the marathon and they used Google Earth to show a 3-D view of the route. Well I got hooked. I downloaded the program from Google and the kids and I have virtually traveled all over the world. It's use of 3-D models is very fascinating and the ability to see mountains and valleys has been very cool, especially since 6th grade has been studying the mountains of North America. I recommend it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the kind words!

I often use Google earth to measure my running routes (when I'm not running on the indoor track at the gym). It's a fun (and amazing) little program..