Sunday, September 7, 2008

Will Read For Food!

We finally received our Book It Reading Incentive Program from Pizza Hut and the crew is excited. As mentioned before, they are highly motivated by pizza and so goals are being set faster than I can write them down. LOL!

Our literature component this year comes by using the literature list from EdHelper.com. Each student was given the list of suggested readings from their grade level and after returning from our local library on Thursdays, they are given a mixed review literature unit packet which include multiple choice questions, spelling review and essay questions for the book they have chosen.

So if you see some Rotties standing on the side of the road with signs that say "Will Read For Food!" have a heart... throw 'em a book.

Peace,
:)De

7 comments:

Kellan said...

Pizza is a pretty darn good incentive to get most anything done, isn't it - hee hee!

Nice to see you - take care - Kellan

Unknown said...

Who isn't inspired by pizza?

Life Adapted said...

Love this post! I got 4 teenage boys to move my upstairs furniture downstairs and my downstairs furniture upstairs for 2 pizza's and a bottle of soda. Someday I'll write a post on how to add a man (Pop-Pop), a bed, a dresser and a TV into your home without getting rid of any existing possessions. The best teachers are the ones who know how to motivate their students. You are a great teacher and mom!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my kids love the library! I mean, we have TONS of books at home because I'm a book-hoarder, yet they still get so excited to go to the library! And we have done that Pizza Hut program too. It is really cool! (But I just hate rewarding my kids with junk food...although we also did the Braums Book Buddy program too, I'm a sucker for ice cream!)

Anonymous said...

We wil be doing the book it program as well! I'm always in for pizza. :)

MOM #1 said...

I have a teen aged boy who would move a mountain with a teaspoon for pizza . . . and if you add in a caffeinated beverage . . . he'll move the world, LOL.

What a great program.

Happy reading!

Robin said...

We love the Book-It program and our local library. We are well known as the crazy family that takes ALL the books - haha. I take them back when they are due or before though :)