Saturday, August 16, 2008

REPEAT OFFENDERS!

I am thankful and I recognize that I have well-behaved children. I praise God for the opportunity that I have been given to parent these four blessings. Wherever we go; church, stores, restaurants… someone ALWAYS comes up to us and compliments my children on their behavior. It is humbling because while I am a single parent, I know that God is my lead and that I am not doing this alone.

Now! Let me tell you something about these four children… They are REPEAT OFFENDERS! LOL!

My kids are kids and each little blessing has his/her own behavior issue that gets them into trouble regularly. Not out and out defiance and not willful disobedience; if/when that spirit raises its head in this house the repercussions are swift and most unpleasant. I am talking about behaviors that are usually dealt with using redirection: running in the house, leaving the water running, leaving bikes and toys out and the shed open (a big no no!) that kind of thing. But even that gets old on a daily basis.

So I am incorporating a Repeat Offender Program. It entails having to do very mundane chores over and over again if mother dear has to redirect over and over again for the same behavior. So now I am the proud owner of the cleanest baseboards, door jabs and light plate covers in the whole neighborhood to be sure! And after 3 days, I am noticing that I don’t have as many applicants for the program as I did when I started….Huh…go figure!

5 comments:

Jason, as himself said...

YAY! Thank you for delurking and making yourself known. I love it when that happens!

Good luck with your school year, and I will for sure be seeing you around.

Kellan said...

Oooooh - I have repeat offenders in my house too! I need to maybe use your program to address my little culprits!

Hope you had a good weekend - see you soon - Kellan

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds like a PERFECT idea for my 5 and 6 year old...however, I might use it when they bicker and fight. I will make them wipe down the kitchen counters which get dirty after every meal--kill two birds with one stone (ok don't wanna use "kill" and "stone" when I'm referring to my kids right?!)

MARGARETE said...

HI!
The fire that I posted about was at a VFW. No one lived there. And no one was hurt. It is weird though, just 2 months ago the church a block away burned(It was a fire that I and the kids will never forget). Both fires are being investigated.

Robin said...

Sounds like a great program - one that I need to learn more about...