Saturday, August 23, 2008

Almost Ready...

Today we had orientation and it was crazy, busy, fun. The 5th and 10th graders did a very nice job of figuring out their schedules, every one got books and school supplies for their new desk and we took pictures for school i.d's. The new shirts look great with our school logo and I may have to invest in another long-sleeve set for the winter season.
My first grader is so very excited! He was finally able to get his own library card this past month and is becoming a "pro" at finding interesting books.

I hope to spend the next week getting that last bit of relaxation before the daily challenge. I ask for prayer. My first grader has special needs that create learning disabilities, reading, and speech delays and difficulty retaining new information. However, he enjoys schoolwork and is very eager.
One more week and off we go.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool shirts. We usually end up doing school in our pajamas! (Not really...ok, maybe some days) Your schedules are quite impressive; I love the organization.

Life Adapted said...

Great shirts. You are the uber homeschooler! Keep up the good work and I will pray for you. I always said that if my kids had special needs I'd get help, but who better to help them than their own mother. Be so blessed.

MOM #1 said...

Wow! Look at those shirts and those delicious schedules. It looks like you're all set for a running start.

We're holding off until mid-September so we're still having a little bit of lazy summer left overs. Oh, and we homeschool in our pajamas most days.

I guess to each their own, right? ;-)

:)De said...

We love pajamas alot and certainly have much needed pajama days. The uniforms started kinda as a practical thing and just became habit. But hip hip hoorey for pajamas! Enjoy the rest of your summer.
:)De

Anonymous said...

Those shirts look great. I always wanted to try those but never got around to it. Looks like you are ready for a great year! Have a great Labor Day!:)