Saturday, February 2, 2013

Saturday School

I mentioned that we were trying to do a bit of catch up. For the last 2 weekends, we have ended up having some school on Saturday. For the most part, the kids don't mind and if I am able to get some laundry or other business done while down there, I don't mind so much either.

I have been doing some respite care on the weekends since just after Christmas. The honeymoon is long over and we are in the midst of lots of redirection. It is so very hard for her because she goes from the foster home during the week to my house on the weekends and the rules and expectations are vastly different. Unfortunately we are not in a position to work together to make things more seamless.

The spelling bee is next week. Ready or not...here it comes.

1 comment:

Hevel said...

The regular school week here is 6 days, so while those of my kids, who go to regular schools are away on Fridays, we hold Hungarian/Armenian school for the rest. They love it!