Friday, April 1, 2011

Happy Birthday, Jordan

13!!

How did she get to be 13?

Her story: About 3 weeks before she was born, "The Worker" asked me if I was ready for a new baby? I laughed and said, "I don't know nothin' 'bout takin' care of no baby!" in my best "Gone With The Wind" Southern drawl. She laughed, I laughed, we went our separate ways. 3 weeks later I was at court with a different client and the supervisor from my agency was there also. She came up to me and asked if I was here for my new baby? I had no clue what she was talking about. She said "Worker M said you were taking the new baby. She was born today and will be discharged tomorrow." I was in kind of a "dear-caught-in-the-headlights" mode when I said, "I thought she was kidding when she asked me that, but okay"

So a tiny, pink, little girl was discharged and when they placed her in my arms... I can't even describe the feeling. The initial thought was that I would foster until she was placed for adoption. Little did I know that her forever family had already been found in us!

Happy birthday, Kid!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that story. Love you, too! xoxo

Fatcat said...

What a wonderful story! I wish I had the courage for foster care. I did it for a year or so but it terrified me!

Life Adapted said...

Awww - that is so sweet. Many birthday blessings coming your way.

Dana said...

That is so sweet!!! Happy Birthday!! :o)

Miss Kim said...

I knew the story and still was moved by its telling.
Glad she's had you to help her make it to 13...hope she stays the wonderful person she is to make it to 14....lol....just kidding, you're a wonderful mom and are blessed with a gift to love the children born of your heart.
Love you, love them.

MOM #1 said...

That's an unbelievable and amazing "forever family" story. I LOVE it!

Happy, Happy Birthday, Jordan!

Many, many, many more.