Saturday, January 31, 2009

Nature Calls During Science

Warning:

This is a story about poop!


During school hours our littlest Rottie sits in his seat and sleeps until about 10:45 am at which time he is ready for a feeding and a diaper change. When I started to change his diaper, there was just a bit of poop, I wiped him and well...that opened a floodgate! All reading ceased....pencils were stopped in mid-stroke, looks of disgust, amazement and curiosity were all around. It was a gargantuan amount that matched none other. I kept thinking, "Man, there is no way that newborn sized diaper would have held all of that!" But I kept that thought to myself. The silence was only broken by the 4 year old that said: "Wow! That baby has a lot of poop!"

Indeed!

And so.... we had a great discussion on the digestive system from beginning to the end.

5 comments:

MOM #1 said...

LOL! Gross, but funny!

The Accidental Mommy said...

oh man, maybe it is something about boys, cuz I keep hearing about boys clogging toilets to the point professionals have to be called in. But, my dd could ahem, evacuate what had to be half her little body weight at times as an infant.
Fun morning topic lol.

Life Adapted said...

:)De, that reminds me of a "gross" story that I think I'll blog about - our bodies are wonderfully and fearfully made!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I just have to laugh because I have never heard of someone who actually put a diaper on a puppy! Although we recently got rid of our chihuahuas because we couldn't get them trained...I probably should've tried diapers. Kudos for you for turning it into a learning opportunity!

Cactus Flower said...

So funny! We've had discussions of a similar nature recently. In fact my 4yo keeps repeating, "Your drink is your pee and your food is your poop" much to the disgust of everyone in the family :-P