Monday, December 1, 2008

Preschool

My preschooler loves to come to school. In fact, I had only intended for him to do about 1 ½ hours, Monday through Thursday, but when I would tell him he was done, he would cry and beg to stay in “sule.” So while I do not like doing too many worksheets for the little guy, I have had to bump up his table work as he wants to be like the big kids.

This is our preschool program:

Brightly Beaming Steps to Reading Program

My 5th grader loves being the “teacher” for him. She studies her curriculum and finds books in our library that cover the weekly theme. I find other resources and coloring pages using: tlsbooks.com, Enchanted Learning, and BeginningReading.com. I am amazed to watch him learn and sometimes even more amazed watching her “teach”. He has a Spiderman table and chair set, a drawer for his school supplies and loves having a “sule” folder for his “wurhk”.

He uses stacking blocks, play dough (a favorite) math manipulative and lap books from Tot School. Recently he has enjoyed doing nature drawings, listening in on the Rosetta Stone Spanish curriculum and singing karaoke.

3 comments:

Kellan said...

How cute is he?!? My kids have all loved school and when the older ones would be doing homework I'd have to create worksheets for the little ones to do as well.

Have a good week - Kellan

Created For His Glory said...

Using the big kids to teach the little kids is beneficial to everyone involved!!! Good job mommy! :)

Mike and Katie said...

My toddler wants to be at the table when we're doing school, too. I've been giving her colored pencils but boy, was she thrilled when she got to use a real pencil!

I never thought of letting her play with the math manipulatives. She'd love that. Especially since we haven't been using them much with Algebra.

The problem we have with Rosetta Stone is that she babbles at the most inopportune times and the boys have to recite over again.

She recongizes Spanish as different and has special vocalizations for Spanish. It sounds like a string of "d's" and rolled "r's." She used them when she heard Spanish on TV, too.

Gotta love homeschooling!

katie